Dr. Pierre Trottier
MD, MSC, FRCSC
Over 40,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Corneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
Dr. Pierre Trottier obtained his medical and master’s degrees from the University of Sherbrooke, while specializing in ophthalmology at Laval University in Quebec. He is also a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) and has presented at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and at the Canadian Ophthalmological Society. In addition, his work has been published in Le Médecin du Québec, Vaccine and Comparative Medicine.
Dr. Trottier’s extensive and diverse background includes cataract, glaucoma, strabismus (wall eye), eyelid and corneal disease surgeries. He’s performed over 6,000 intraocular procedures and over 30,000 ocular procedures in total. He completed his training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD, working alongside some of the most renowned eye surgeons in North America. He is now a clinical instructor at the University of Sherbrooke. He is also involved in the training of some residents and medical students from both University Laval and University of Montreal.
Dr. Trottier has won several awards and grants for his research projects. He has presented important medical research at international conferences, some of which has been published in renowned international medical journals.
- College of Doctors of Quebec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Bilateral Cataract Surgeons
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery