Dr. Pierre Trottier
MD, MSC, FRCSC
Over 50,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Phakic intraocular lensCorneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
Dr. Pierre Trottier obtained his medical and master’s degrees from Université de Sherbrooke, while specializing in ophthalmology at Université Laval in Quebec. He is also a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and has presented at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and at the Canadian Ophthalmological Society. In addition, his work has been published in Le Médecin du Québec, Vaccine and Comparative Medicine.
Dr. Trottier’s extensive and diverse background includes cataract, glaucoma, strabismus (wall eye), eyelid and corneal disease surgeries. He’s performed over 10,000 intraocular procedures and over 40,000 ocular procedures in total. He completed his training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD, working alongside some of the most renowned eye surgeons in North America. Dr. Trottier also treats keratoconus, a corneal disease, through the use of Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL), combined with T-PRK laser interventions. He is now a clinical instructor at Université de Sherbrooke. He is involved in the training of dozens of residents and medical students from Université de Sherbrooke, Université Laval and Université de Montréal.
He also is involved in the continuous education of a large number of medical professionals, having given over 100 presentations and courses to general ophthalmologists, family practitioners, optometrists, and pharmacists.
His main research interests are refractive surgery, intraocular surgery, dry eye management, and intravitreal injections. His ideal is to help his patients to get the best possible visual results.
Dr. Trottier has won several awards and grants for his research projects. He is regularly presenting his medical research at international conferences, some of which has been published in renowned international medical journals.
- Collège des Médecins du Québec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Bilateral Cataract Surgeons
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery