Dr. Marie-Ève Poirier
Over 7,000 ocular procedures performed
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK Surgery
Dr. Marie-Ève Poirier began her medical journey with a Diplôme d'études collégiales in health sciences from Collège de Maisonneuve. She then completed her Doctor of Medicine degree at Université de Montréal in 2014, and then went on to finish her residency with the same institution in 2019.
Dr. Poirier has been actively involved in the care of her patients dating back to her time as a resident, and currently works in a variety of clinics across Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia.
She has extensive experience performing a variety of laser vision correction procedures, including LASIK eye surgery and Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), which can treat common refractive errors like myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
In addition, Dr. Poirier also has experience with various procedures designed to treat ocular conditions, such as glaucoma and cataracts.
Dr. Poirier’s research has been regularly featured at a number of conferences and events, including several of the Université de Montréal’s annual research days. She also regularly engages in teaching opportunities and has presented to fellow students and school staff. Additionally, she has also been invited to present at events attended by medical professionals. She is currently completing research in the area of intraocular surgery techniques.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery