Safety protocols in our clinics
As a medical environment, LASIK MD continues to implement additional protocols beyond our usual standard health and safety measures.
We have implemented the following measures and screening procedures:
- All patients and clinic personnel are required to wear face masks at all times while in-clinic. You will be required to exchange your mask for a new medical mask by a staff member.
- Patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to their appointments. Patients experiencing the following symptoms are asked to stay home and reschedule their appointment: flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing , repeated shaking with chills, fatigue (a lot more than usual), muscle pain, feeling sick, loss of appetite as well as a sudden loss of smell or taste.
- If there are forms to be completed (eg, Patient Information Sheet), we ask that you complete these in advance of your appointment (physical or virtual). Incomplete or missing forms may result in your appointment needing to be rescheduled.
- To help reduce the number of people in the clinic, we ask that you not bring any companions inside with you. They can meet you at the clinic entrance once your appointment is complete. Exceptions can be made should you need a translator or a companion for physical assistance.
- We ask you to leave all extra unnecessary items such as food and drinks. Also note that the coffee machine, water dispenser and usual snacks will be out of service.
- To limit your time in the clinic, where possible, we will be offering virtual appointments over the phone or via video conference.
- All patients are required to use the hand sanitizer located at the entrance of the clinic prior to entering. Upon entering the clinic, patients’ temperature may be checked.
- Screens have been installed in several locations and in exam rooms to provide separation between clinic staff and patients.
- All rooms and common areas with patient contact are disinfected regularly.
For any questions please call us at 1-866-961-2020.