Dr. Vikram Lekhi
BSc, MBT, MD, MBA, FRCSC
Over 1,550 ocular procedures
Dr. Vikram Lekhi first obtained a Bachelor of Science in Organic Chemistry and Cell and Molecular Biology at Simon Fraser University in 2006. He then went on to the University of Calgary, completing a Master of Biomedical Technology in 2007, then his Doctor of Medicine in 2011 alongside a Master of Business Administration degree the same year. Dr. Lekhi completed his ophthalmology residency with a focus on comprehensive ophthalmology at the same institution in 2017.
Dr. Lekhi serves the rural population in Alberta through his own practice, High River Eye Surgeons. He also sees residents of Calgary as a part of the well-established Seema Eye Care Centre. Apart from his clinical and surgical duties, Dr. Lekhi is a clinical lecturer with the University of Calgary’s department of surgery. He has also volunteered with the Rotary Club, Operation Eye Sight, and Canadian Vision Care and has performed cataract surgery as part of humanitarian missions to countries such as Jamaica, Thailand and India.
During his time as a student, Dr. Lekhi was the recipient of numerous awards, scholarships and grants, including the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award, the Joseph Albert Award for Elective Study at Centres of Excellence, the Lydia Sikora Medical Research Award and a Millennium Graduate Bursary. Dr. Lekhi regularly presents at conferences around the country and internationally. His work has appeared in various publications, such as Canadian Family Physician and BioSpectrum.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Canadian Medical Association
- Eye Physicians and Surgeons Association of Alberta
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Alberta Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery