Dr. John Lloyd
MD, FRCSC, DABO
Over 40,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
Dr. John Lloyd completed his ophthalmology residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Centre, part of the world-renowned Albert Einstein Medical College in New York. He was the chief resident in his final year, and also completed a fellowship in comprehensive ophthalmology with a focus on cataract and refractive surgery. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology, a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. He also has the distinction of being an examiner in optics for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Furthermore, Dr. Lloyd is the director of the Ophthalmology Residency Program at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Lloyd has been performing laser vision correction surgery since 1997, having completed more than 40,000 procedures throughout his career, and is certified in several types of excimer lasers. He teaches eye surgery to ophthalmology residents and gives lectures on ophthalmology to medical students at the University of Toronto. He is on staff at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, as well as at the Kensington Eye Institute.
Dr. Lloyd regularly lectures on both anterior segment surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology. He has received teaching awards from the University of Toronto’s department of ophthalmology for his lectures on optics.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Ontario Medical Association
- Toronto Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery