Dr. Richard Léger
Over 80,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Richard Léger completed his medical degree at the University of Sherbrooke and completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Montreal in conjunction with Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital and Notre-Dame Hospital.
Dr. Léger is the medical director of LASIK MD’s British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba clinics. Prior to this, his professional experience in refractive and cataract surgery includes work at Institut Laser Visuel in Québec City, and Laservue in Montréal. Dr. Léger was medical director at Lasik Vision’s Windsor, Ontario clinic—one of Canada’s busiest— and also worked at the company’s Vancouver and Burnaby clinics in British Columbia.
Throughout his career, Dr. Léger has performed thousands of Advanced Custom Wavefront procedures. His expertise in laser surgery includes extensive experience using VISX, Bausch & Lomb, Autonomous and Lasersight lasers, Alcon EX500 and FS200 also extends to ACS and Hansatome keratomes.
In addition to performing laser vision correction, Dr. Léger also treats the corneal eye disease keratoconus using the Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) procedure combined with a T-PRK laser treatment. Dr. Léger also teaches refractive surgery to ophthalmologists-in-training.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery