Dr. Si-Liang (Katie) Peng
Over 3,000 ocular procedures performed
Currently working inKitchener-Waterloo
Dr. Si-Liang (Katie) Peng obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree at McGill University in 2011, where she then completed her ophthalmology residency. She finished a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery at a number of institutions, including the Massachusetts Eye and Ear hospital, Boston Laser and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, and St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton.
Dr. Peng regularly sees patients at LASIK MD’s Kitchener/Waterloo clinic. Previously, she was on-staff at Clarity Eye Institute, where she undertook the responsibilities of an ophthalmologist (in addition to performing cataract surgery) at St. Joseph’s General Hospital in Elliot Lake and performed the same duties at St. Mary’s General Hospital in Kitchener/Waterloo.
Dr. Peng’s work has appeared in a number of publications, including the British Journal of Ophthalmology, the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, the Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. Additionally, she has presented at events such as the Canadian Ophthalmology Society Conference, McGill Research Day (where she was awarded the Best Clinical Poster Award in 2015), and the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Meeting.
Dr. Peng has taken her talents abroad, performing complex cornea transplants on underprivileged citizens in the Dominican Republic, and in 2019 she joined CNIB’s Eye Van program, which delivers medical services to underserved communities in northern Ontario.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery