Dr. Adil Bhatti
MD, BSc, FRCSC, DABO
Over 3,100 ocular procedures performed
First graduating with a doctor of medicine degree at the University of Toronto in 2009, Dr. Adil Bhatti headed to our nation’s capital in order to complete his residency with the department of ophthalmology at the University of Ottawa in 2014. He is presently a fellow at the Queen’s University Retina Fellowship program.
Dr. Bhatti currently sees patients at the Riverside Eye Care Centre in Ottawa. Apart from his in-clinic duties, Dr. Bhatti is an ophthalmologist for the Canadian Forces, providing medical and surgical care to service men and women. He previously provided patient care at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute from 2009 to 2014 as part of his resident duties.
Additionally, Dr. Bhatti is an assistant professor in the faculty of medicine at the University of Ottawa and has taken on the role of medical educator, teaching both residents and medical students.
Dr. Bhatti has been the recipient of numerous awards during both his educational as well as professional career. During his residency program, he received the University of Ottawa’s department of ophthalmology’s Teaching Award. He was also the recipient of the Ontario Medical Association Resident Achievement Award in 2014 for his outstanding contribution to the advancement of post-graduate training.
His work has appeared in publications such as the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology and the Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. He has also given numerous presentations across the country, including in Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Ontario Medical Association
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- Canadian Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery