Dr. Vikas Sharma
Over 30,000 ocular procedures performed
Currently working inSaskatoon
Dr. Vikas Sharma completed his residency at one of the premiere institutes in India, the Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, in New Delhi. He then completed his fellowship in cataract and corneal surgery at the Moorfields Eye Hospital and Southampton General Hospital of England.
Dr. Sharma has performed thousands of ocular procedures. He has experience working with the latest technology in vision correction, including IntraLase All-Laser LASIK. Dr Sharma has special interest in treating patients with irregular corneas, particularly keratoconus, using Topography-guided Custom Ablation Treatment (TCAT) and Corneal Collagen Crosslinking with Riboflavin (CXL). Dr. Sharma is the only physician in Saskatchewan who offers this treatment. He also performs corneal transplants, premium and complex cataract surgeries, iris reconstruction procedures, and sutureless scleral fixation of intraocular lenses.
In addition to his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Sharma holds an academic position as an assistant professor at the University of Saskatchewan, where he trains residents and medical students and leads various research projects.
Dr. Sharma was instrumental in the creation and development of the first dry eye centre of excellence in Canada. This facility includes equipment such as a TearLab, a K-5M machine, Lipiflow Thermal Pulsation System and an intense pulsed light unit.
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery