Dr. Vikas Sharma
Over 7,000 ocular procedures
Currently working inSaskatoon
Dr. Vikas Sharma completed his residency at one of the premiere institutes in India, the Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, in New Delhi. He then completed his fellowship in cataract and corneal surgery at the Moorfield’s Eye Hospital and Southampton General Hospital of England.
Dr. Sharma has performed thousands of ocular procedures. He has experience with many of the latest laser platforms, including the VISX Star S4, Bausch and Lomb Z100 and Alcon Wavelight Allegretto Eye Q excimer lasers. He is also skilled with the IntraLase All-Laser LASIK platform, and the Bausch and Lomb Hansatome microkeratome. Dr Sharma has special interest in treating patients with irregular corneas, particularly keratoconus, using Topography-guided Custom Ablation Treatment (TCAT) and Corneal Collagen Crosslinking with Riboflavin (CXL). Dr. Sharma is the only physician in Saskatchewan who offers this treatment. He also performs corneal transplants, premium and complex cataract surgeries, Iris reconstructive procedures and sutureless scleral fixation of intraocular lenses.
In addition to his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Sharma holds an academic position as assistant professor at the University of Saskatchewan, where he trains residents and medical students and leads various research projects.
Dr. Sharma has developed the first Center of Excellence for dry eyes in Canada, which includes equipment such as the Tear lab, K-5M, Lipiflow and Intense Pulsed Light.
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Saskatchewan
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery