Dr. Stephanie Chan
B. ENG, MD, FRCSC
Over 3,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Chan received a Bachelor of Engineering in electrical and biomedical engineering from McMaster University. She later received her medical degree from McMaster University before completing a residency in ophthalmology at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute at The Ottawa Hospital.
Since completing her medical degree in 2012, Dr. Chan has completed over 3,000 ocular procedures. She is a board-certified ophthalmologist with a specialization in Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE). Dr. Chan underwent laser vision correction surgery at The Ottawa Eye Institute with Dr. S. Ziai. She is also a lecturer at McGill University.
Dr. Chan's work has been recognized on numerous occasions. She was the recipient of a Canadian Institutes of Health Research Health Professional Student Research Award as well as a Program for Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research (PIPER) Interprofessional Education Initiative Grant.
She has also had her work featured in a variety of publications and journals, including the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, the International Journal of Ophthalmology and Clinical Research, Canadian Family Physician, the Canadian Journal of Surgery, and McMaster University Medical Journal.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Federation of Specialist Doctors of Quebec
- Association of Ophthalmologists of Quebec
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery