Dr. Ruozhou Tom Liu
Over 2,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Ruozhou Tom Liu received his Bachelor of Science (with honours) in physiology at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in 2009. He then obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree in 2013 at UBC. Dr. Liu then went on to undertake an internship at the Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster and completed a residency in ophthalmology with UBC in 2018.
Dr. Liu sees patients at his busy comprehensive ophthalmology practice in the Lower Mainland. He is on staff at the Vancouver General Hospital Eye Care Centre. He also attends Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside Eye Clinic where he dedicates time towards working with underprivileged populations. In addition to his in-clinic duties, Dr. Liu is also a clinical instructor at UBC's Department of Ophthalmology and is actively engaged in research and medical education.
Dr. Liu has been the recipient of numerous awards, including the V.H. Van Dine Scholarship in Medicine, the Gwynne-Vaughan Memorial Award in Medicine, the Rowan Scholarship in Medicine and the Florence E. Heighway Summer Research Award.
Dr. Liu’s work has appeared in a number of publications, including Clinical and Surgical Ophthalmology, Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, Experimental Eye Research and the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. Additionally, he regularly presents at various annual meetings and related professional events around North America.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- British Columbia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery