Dr. Darren Albert
MD, CM, FRCSC, CSPQ, DABO
Over 25,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Darren Albert obtained his medical degree and first post-doctoral fellowship in ophthalmic pathology from McGill University, in Montreal. His second fellowship, in vision rehabilitation, was completed jointly at McGill and Lighthouse International, a world-renowned vision rehabilitation institution in New York.
Dr. Albert has performed over 25,000 ocular procedures. For the past 23 years, he has taught cataract surgery using the latest technologies, techniques and lens implants. He is the head of ophthalmology at Anna Laberge Hospital on the South Shore of Montreal, and assistant professor of ophthalmology at McGill University, where he is a practicing ophthalmologist, surgeon and low vision specialist. As a senior clinical educator for Lighthouse International. Dr. Albert has helped establish training programs to improve vision care in South America, India, Europe, the United States and Canada.
Dr. Albert is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s vision rehabilitation committee, which promotes and develops policies and programs to educate doctors and the public about visual loss and rehabilitation. He has written numerous articles and book chapters and speaks at major ophthalmology conferences worldwide throughout the year.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery