Dr. Catherine Baril
Over 2,500 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Baril completed both her medical degree and residency in ophthalmology at Laval University. Afterwards, she went on to finish a glaucoma fellowship at Dalhousie University.
Having completed more than 2,500 cataract surgeries, Dr. Baril is an expert in refractive lens exchange. She specializes in treating glaucoma in both adults and children.
Dr. Catherine Baril has worked at the CHU de Quebec – Hôpital du Saint-Sacrement as a Surgical Glaucoma Specialist since 2015 and was appointed the Chief of the Surgical Glaucoma Section in May 2021. She specializes in both adult and pediatric cases.
Dr. Baril has received numerous awards and accolades for her work over the years. She’s received several awards from the Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec (AMOQ) for her research. Moreover, during her time at Laval University, Dr. Baril earned the “Lucien-Latulippe” award for excellence in academics. She also received an award for the best teaching to medical students.
In addition, Dr. Baril’s research on ophthalmology has been published many times throughout the years. She’s had work featured in the British Journal of Ophthalmology, the Journal of Glaucoma, the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, and the Canadian Medical Association Journal.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Canadian Glaucoma Society
- Association of Ophthalmologists of Quebec
- Quebec College of Physicians
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery