Dr. Daniel Cormier
Over 13,500 ocular procedures
Receiving a degree in science and health at the Université de Moncton in 1988, Dr. Daniel Cormier decided to further his education in the health field by obtaining a doctorate in medicine in 1992 from l'Université de Sherbrooke. He then honed his skills in the ocular field, obtaining a post-graduate degree in medicine with a specialization in ophthalmology from the same institution in 1997.
Dr. Cormier began his professional career at the Centre hospitalier de Gaspé in 1997, spending a year there. He then worked at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island from 1998 to 2001. He previously served as the chief of ophthalmology service at the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton.
Apart from his duties as an ophthalmologist, Dr. Cormier has also been active academically, and was an associate professor at the Université de Sherbrooke’s Moncton campus.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery