Dr. Zakaria Tadrous
Over 40,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Zakaria Tadrous obtained his Master's and Doctor of Medicine degrees from Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt. He then completed his residency in ophthalmology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals in the United Kingdom and at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario. During his residency, he assisted in teaching medical students and junior residents, and worked as an ophthalmic consultant in the United Kingdom and Bermuda. In addition to his Canadian credentials, Dr. Tadrous is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow.
Dr. Tadrous has over three decades of experience, both in Canada and abroad. He participated in investigative trials on excimer laser surgery and was among the first surgeons in Egypt to perform both LASIK and other refractive surgeries. He currently works in Surrey and Vancouver, British Columbia. He is on staff at the Chilliwack General Hospital, the Mission Memorial Hospital and the Abbotsford Regional Hospital, all located in British Columbia. Dr. Tadrous also runs a comprehensive ophthalmic practice in Abbotsford, where he has performed thousands of refractive and cataract surgeries.
Dr. Tadrous was awarded a meritorious scholarship for each year of his medical education. He has also compiled extensive research in ophthalmological disciplines, including neovascular glaucoma.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists (United Kingdom)
- Bermuda Medical Council
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery