Dr. Louis Caron
Over 15,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Louis Caron completed his medical degree at Université Laval, where he also specialized in ophthalmology.
Dr. Caron completed training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD with some of the most experienced surgeons in North America. He has performed over 15,000 ocular procedures, and uses some of the most advanced excimer lasers in the field. In addition to his work at LASIK MD, he practices general ophthalmology at the Chaudière-Appalaches CISSS on the south shore of Quebec City.
Dr. Caron has given professional presentations and lectures on various topics including microincision cataract surgery and intraocular toric lenses. He’s also given courses to medical students and ophthalmology residents at Université Laval.
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- Canadian Association of University Professors of Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery