Dr. Louis Caron
Over 5,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Louis Caron completed his medical degree at Laval University, where he also specialized in Ophthalmology.
Dr. Caron completed training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD with some of the most experienced surgeons in North America. He has performed over 5,000 ocular procedures, and uses the most advanced excimer lasers in the field. He also has extensive experience performing intraocular surgery, and has a particular interest in the treatment of glaucoma and retinal disease. In addition to his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Caron is the head of general ophthalmology at Saint-Sacrement Hospital’s University Centre of Ophthalmology in Québec City.
Dr. Caron has given professional presentations and lectures on various topics including microincision cataract surgery and intraocular toric lenses. He’s also given courses to medical students and ophthalmology residents at Laval University.
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- Canadian Association of University Professors of Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Québec College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Québec Federation of Specialist Doctors
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery