Dr. Nataly Trang
MD, CM, FRCSC
Over 7,500 ocular procedures performed
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Corneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
Dr. Nataly Trang obtained her doctor of medicine degree from McGill University in 2013, going on to complete a master of science in experimental medicine at Université Laval in Quebec City alongside a post-graduate ophthalmology residency at the same institution. Her educational path allows her to offer her patients a greater wealth of medical knowledge by which she can better assist those under her care.
During her post-graduate residency, Dr. Trang tended to numerous patients as part of her duties. Apart from her residency work, she also taught basic ophthalmology clinical examination to medical students at Université Laval and has also taken part in research in Fuchs corneal dystrophy with the university.
During her time at McGill, Dr. Trang was the recipient of several awards and scholarships, including the J.W. McConnell scholarship, the McEntyre Research Bursary, and the Dr. Mark Cohen Prize in Ophthalmology. She has also had her work published in the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology and BioMed Research International. Additionally, she has presented her research at events such as the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery’s 2016 annual meeting and Université Laval’s Journée annuelle de la recherche en ophtalmologie.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery