Dr. Thao Nguyen
MD, FRCSC, DABO
Over 40,000 ocular procedures performed
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Corneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
Dr. Thao Nguyen completed her medical degree at l’Université de Montréal and specialized in ophthalmology at l’Université Laval in Quebec City. She continued her studies in ophthalmology at Stanford University in California, and then pursued post-doctoral fellowship training in cornea and refractive surgery at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Nguyen has experience with the newest generation of laser technologies. She was one of the first ophthalmologists in Canada to work with femtosecond lasers. She also practices intraocular lens procedures. Dr. Nguyen teaches ophthalmology at the Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal, as well as teaches cataract surgery to residents in ophthalmology at the McGill University’s faculty of medicine.
Dr. Nguyen is a recipient of the Governor General’s Medal for highest academic standing. She also won first prize at Université Laval’s Research Day, and was awarded an Eye Bank Association of America grant for her research on intracorneal keratoprosthesis implantation with the femtosecond laser.
Dr. Nguyen has given presentations at conferences in San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Vancouver and was a guest panellist during the annual conference of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. She has also co-authored many studies.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Association of Research and Visual Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- California Medical Board
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery