Dr. Thao Nguyen
MD, FRCSC, DABO
Over 12,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Thao Nguyen completed her medical degree at the University of Montreal and specialized in ophthalmology at Laval University in Quebec City. She continued her studies in ophthalmology at Stanford University in California, and then pursued post-doctoral fellowship training in cornea and refractive surgery at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Nguyen has experience with the newest generation of laser technologies. She was one of the first ophthalmologists in Canada to work with the Intralase Femtosecond laser. Dr. Nguyen has given conferences in San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Vancouver and was a guest panellist during the annual conference of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. Dr. Nguyen also teaches ophthalmology at the University of Montreal Hospital Center (CHUM), and has co-authored many studies.
Dr. Nguyen is a recipient of the Governor General’s Medal for highest academic standing. She also won first prize at Laval University Research Day, and was awarded an Eye Bank Association of America grant for her research on intracorneal keratoprosthesis implantation with the femtosecond laser.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Collège des Médecins du Québec
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Association of Research and Visual Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- California Medical Board
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery