Dr. Louis-Pierre Gauvin Meunier
Over 8,000 ocular procedures performed
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
Dr. Gauvin Meunier received his Doctor of Medicine with a specialization in ophthalmology from the University of Montréal. Prior to this, he studied at the College of Bois-de-Boulogne as well as Jean-de-Brébeuf College.
Dr. Gauvin Meunier has experience performing LASIK, PRK, All-Laser LASIK, and Laser PresbyVision™ procedures. He specializes in Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and treating cataracts. Dr. Gauvin Meunier currently works as a surgeon and clinician at Institut de l’oeil des Laurentides and CIUSSS de l’Est-de-l’Île-de-Montréal.
Dr. Gauvin Meunier is very involved in clinical research and has been the principal investigator in 10 different studies in ophthalmology. He also co-authored a study examining the evolution of corneal transplant in Quebec between 2000 and 2011.
Most recently, Dr. Gauvin Meunier’s manuscript “Early Canadian Real-World Experience with Brolucizumab in Anti‑Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-Experienced Patients with Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration: a Retrospective Chart Review” was accepted for publication in Clinical Ophthalmology.
In addition, Dr. Gauvin Meunier has been involved in numerous national and international conferences over the years, including as the Co-Chair of the Co-Care virtual meeting in the summer of 2021.
- Quebec College of Physicians
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Federation of Medical Specialists of Quebec
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery