Dr. Thomas Nagy
MD, MSC, FRCSC
Over 11,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Phakic intraocular lens
Dr. Thomas Nagy earned a Master’s degree in vision research and completed his medical degree at the University of Calgary. Thereafter, he spent a year studying internal medicine at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, followed by a three-year residency in ophthalmology at the University of Ottawa’s Eye Institute.
As a specialist in cataract and refractive surgery, Dr. Nagy has successfully performed thousands of LASIK, PRK and corneal procedures. He has over 10 years of experience as medical director of several laser vision correction clinics throughout western Canada, including Vision Med Eye Centre (Vancouver, BC), Vision North Eye Centre (Terrace, BC), and LASIK Vision (Edmonton). Dr. Nagy has been on-staff at the Mills Memorial Hospital in Terrace, BC for over 14 years, and is an assistant clinical professor in the department of ophthalmology at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Nagy is a committee member of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society’s Practice Guidelines Development Steering Committee where he is involved with the development of practice guidelines regarding routine periodic ocular exams, glaucoma diagnosis and management, and cataract extraction.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- B.C. Association of Ophthalmologists
- B.C. College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery