Dr. Colten Wendel
Over 5,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Colten Wendel received a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biochemistry from the University of Saskatchewan. He then went on to pursue his Doctor of Medicine (MD) at the University of British Columbia (UBC), where he graduated with distinction. Dr. Wendel also completed his residency in ophthalmology at UBC.
Dr. Wendel specializes in general ophthalmology, refractive lens exchange (RLE), and treating cataracts. He currently works as a comprehensive ophthalmologist at a number of hospitals in British Columbia, including Surrey Memorial Hospital, Mount Saint Joseph Hospital, and Delta Hospital. Dr. Wendel is also a Clinical Instructor of Ophthalmology at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Wendel has been the recipient of several academic distinctions over the years. This includes the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada’s Undergraduate Student Research Award and the George and Marsha Ivany President’s First and Best Scholarship through the University of Saskatchewan. During his time at UBC, Dr. Wendel was also presented with the Resident Research Award.
As an accomplished researcher, Dr. Wendel’s work has appeared in publications such as Cornea, Clinical Ophthalmology, and the BC Medical Journal. He’s also presented at numerous conferences, including those held by the American Glaucoma Society and the Canadian Ophthalmology Society.
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- British Columbia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery