Dr. Tanguy Boutin
MD, MSc, FRCSC
Over 3,000 ocular procedures performed
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Corneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
Dr. Tanguy Boutin first obtained a Bachelor of Science in Biology at Université de Montréal in 2002. He then completed subsequent degrees at the same institution, including a Master of Science in Neuroscience in 2004, and a Doctor of Medicine degree in 2011. He then undertook a two-year ophthalmological fellowship at the University of Toronto in cornea, external diseases and refractive surgery.
Dr. Boutin is currently on-staff at Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont as an ophthalmologist specializing in the area of cornea and anterior segment surgery. Apart from his hospital duties, Dr. Boutin is an assistant clinical professor at Université de Montréal. He also supervised many residents in the area of corneal transplantation during his fellowship at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Boutin has been the recipient of a number of awards and scholarships during his academic career, including the Dr. Mark Cohen Prize in Ophthalmology, a CIHR Undergraduate Summer Student Health Research Award and also a Clinical Research Scholarship from Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal. His work has appeared in publications like Cornea, the Journal of Refractive Surgery, the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology and the American Journal of Ophthalmology Case Reports. Dr. Boutin also routinely presents at medical conferences across the continent.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery