Dr. Mélanie Roy
Over 20,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Corneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
A Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), Dr. Roy received her medical degree in 2000 from the Université de Sherbrooke, where she also completed her residency as chief resident.
Dr. Roy received post-graduate, fellowship-level training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD in Montreal with Drs. Mark Cohen, Avi Wallerstein and Pierre Demers. She now operates in the Greater Montreal Area, as well as on the Atlantic coast at our Halifax and Moncton clinics. She currently performs well over 200 procedures per month and, to date, she has completed over 20,000 ocular procedures. Dr. Roy is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in refractive surgery. Dr. Roy has experience and expertise using the latest and most advanced excimer laser platforms. She is certified for the All-Laser LASIK procedure, also known as IntraLase or bladeless LASIK.
Dr. Roy was awarded with the “Prix d’Excellence, Résidents et Communauté Étudiante,” for her outstanding performance in medical school. She has assisted in research and numerous ophthalmological lectures and presentations over the years.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of New Brunswick
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery