Dr. Kevin Smith
BSc, Dip MGMT, MDCM, FRCSC
Over 22,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Kevin Smith first graduated with a BSc in Mathematics (with distinction) from McGill University, where he then completed a Diploma of Management and a degree in the faculty of medicine’s MDCM program. He went on to study at the University of Western Ontario, completing a residency in ophthalmology. Dr. Smith then returned to McGill to complete a fellowship in ophthalmic plastics and orbital reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Smith has been practicing privately for over 25 years. Apart from his in-clinic duties, Dr. Smith is also an associate professor with the department of ophthalmology at the University of Ottawa. He is also currently the team ophthalmologist for the Ottawa Senators.
He has also previously worked at the Department of National Defence in several positions, including as a base flight surgeon in Portage, Manitoba, and as an ophthalmologist with the rank of major at the National Defense Medical Centre, and was previously appointed Chief of Ophthalmology for the Canadian Forces for several years.
While at the University of Western Ontario, Dr. Smith was awarded the Upjohn Resident Research Day Award of Excellence and first prize in the 1991 Ophthalmic Photography Contest. Additionally, Dr. Smith’s work has appeared in the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, International Journal of Ophthalmic Practice, and the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery