Dr. Patrick Saurel
Over 25,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Patrick Saurel obtained his medical degree from the University of Montréal. He continued his studies there to complete his residency in ophthalmology, serving as chief resident. Dr. Saurel went on to complete a post-doctoral fellowship in retinal disease and surgery through the Notre Dame Hospital in Montréal and the University of Montréal.
Dr. Saurel has had experience performing laser eye surgery since 1995 and has extensive experience with the latest laser vision correction technology. In addition to LASIK, Dr. Saurel has performed thousands of cataract and radial keratotomy surgeries. In total he has performed over 25,000 ocular procedures.
Outside of his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Saurel is a staff surgeon at the Sainte-Croix Hospital in Drummondville and the Pierre Boucher Hospital in Longueuil. Dr. Saurel also teaches ophthalmology at the University of Sherbrooke.
In 2007, Dr. Saurel was recognized for his lifelong pursuit of education in ophthalmology by receiving the American Academy of Opthalmology’s International Ophthalmologist Education Award.
Dr. Saurel has given several presentations at ophthalmology conferences across Canada. His topics have included new treatments for macular degeneration, photodynamic therapy, and continuing education for optometrists. He has also done clinical research for treatments of macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Association des médecins ophtalmologistes du Québec
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Retina Specialists
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery