See near, far, and everything in-between with Lens PresbyVisionTM
Lens PresbyVisionTM is an all-in-one procedure designed to help patients treat their presbyopia and discover the clarity of their youthful vision.
Lens PresbyVisionTM differs slightly from LASIK in that no excimer laser is used to correct your eyesight.
Instead, a surgeon will replace the eye's natural lens with an artificial one called a trifocal lens, an upgrade from its predecessor, the bifocal lens. In the past, bifocal lenses could only correct near to far distances. But with this improved version, you'll be able to see crisply and clearly from near, intermediate and far distances—meaning switching from a text message to the TV screen, for example, will be just as easy as it was before needing reading glasses.
The use of the trifocal lens also eliminates other types of eye conditions, like myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism, in addition to presbyopia.
Vision at one distance.
Far and near vision.
at distances of 40 cm to 1 m.
THE STEPS OF THIS SURGERY ARE STRAIGHTFORWARD:
- The surgeon will first use numbing eye drops.
- Then, the surgeon will create a tiny incision in the eye, where the lens will be inserted. The eye’s natural lens will first be removed carefully using a device called a phacoemulsifier.
- Once that step is done, the trifocal lens will be inserted, replacing the natural, hardened version. The self-healing process begins almost immediately.
These lenses aren't like your average soft contact lenses. The lens will be implanted directly into the eye so you won’t have to worry about inserting them into your eyes every morning, or taking them out before bedtime every night.
In addition to helping you see things like your cellphone screen or an ingredients label clearly, Lens PresbyVisionTM has the added benefit of preventing cataracts in the future. Cataracts are an eye condition that affects more than half of the populated aged 75 and over. However, by using a synthetic lens, this surgery can prevent a cataract—ostensibly, a mass of protein—from developing on the eye. This is due to the fact that our eye’s lens is mainly composed of water and proteins. These proteins are arranged to keep the lens clear to allow light to pass through. But with age, that protein can start to cluster together and cloud up the lens, causing vision to become blurry or dull.
A safe and effective surgery with life-changing results
Lens PresbyVisionTM is the first procedure of its kind to become available in Canada, using Health Canada-approved medical technology to give presbyopic patients better-than-ever vision from any distance.
- Nine out of 10 patients who have had this lens implanted no longer need to wear glasses at all, including for everyday tasks such as reading the car speedometer or using their smartphone
- The trifocal lens used in Lens PresbyVisionTM has a stable record of safety, having been used in 43 countries around the world since 2010
Life looks better without your reading glasses
Recovery following Lens PresbyVisionTM is relatively quick. After the procedure, it is strongly recommended to rest for a full day or two before returning to a normal routine. The eye care professional will issue an eye drop regimen and other post-operative instructions to ensure The lens has undergone rigorous testing to ensure it meets safety standards in Canada.
Discover if you are a candidate for Lens PresbyVisionTM procedure by booking a free, no-obligation consultation.