Dr. Nancy Chen
Over 1,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Chen received both a Bachelor of Life Sciences and a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from the University of Toronto. She went on to earn her Doctor of Medicine at the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry at Western University, before completing a residency in ophthalmology at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Chen has experience performing a wide range of ocular procedures, including LASIK eye surgery, All-Laser LASIK, PRK surgery, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE), and Phakic IOL Implantation. She currently works as a comprehensive ophthalmologist for Quinte Health Services at Belleville General Hospital in Belleville, Ontario, and is also an assistant professor at Kingston Health Sciences Centre.
Dr. Chen’s research has been published in various academic journals, including the Canadian Journal Ophthalmology, Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology, and PLOSOne. She’s also presented at numerous conferences throughout the years, such as at annual meetings for both the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) and the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS).
Even more, Dr. Chen’s work has been recognized through various awards. She’s been a recipient of the Ron Jans Clinical Cornea Research Award (2020), the Fight for Sight Summer student Fellowship (2014), and the COS Award of Excellence (2014), which she earned after her trainee paper won first place. Additionally, in both 2017 and 2018, Dr. Chen was named the University of Ottawa’s Ophthalmology Resident of the Month.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery