- Over 40,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Ghislain-André Boudreault received his medical degree from Université Laval. He continued his education at Université Laval for four more years to complete his residency. He also spent four months as a resident at the prestigious Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. He went on to complete fellowships at George Washington University in Washington, DC, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland and at Purdue University in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Recognized as a pioneer in the field of refractive surgery in Quebec, Dr. Boudreault has been performing refractive surgery for over 20 years. Over the course of his career, Dr. Boudreault has performed over 40,000 ocular procedures. He has experience with many types of refractive surgery technologies, including the Bausch and Lomb Z100 and the WaveLight® Alegretto Eye-Q excimer lasers.
Dr. Boudreault also has extensive experience using the femtosecond laser used in All-Laser LASIK. He became the first surgeon to perform All-Laser LASIK using the Intralase femtosecond laser east of Ontario.
Accomplishments and Awards
Dr. Boudreault holds the distinction of being the first Canadian to rank first overall for the American Board of Ophthalmology’s oral exam.
He has also published and given numerous presentations for his research in the field of refractive surgery and retinopathy.
Associations and Professional Memberships
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec