FDA Comparison of Approved Lasers for Laser Eye Surgery
|Laser||Type||20/40 or Better||20/20 or Better|
|Bausch & Lomb Z100||Scanning spot (2mm + 1mm)||99.4%||91.5%|
|Bausch & Lomb Technolas 217z||Scanning spot (2mm + 1mm)||99.7%||87.3%|
|Autonomous||Scanning spot (0.9mm)||93.7%||56.9%|
|Lasersight LSX||Scanning spot (0.9mm)||85.4%||53.1%|
|Allegretto Wavelight||Scanning spot (0.95 mm)||98.3%||87.7%|
- US FDA clinical study results show that, following LASIK surgery with the Bausch & Lomb 217 laser, 99.7% of patients see 20/40 or better* without glasses or contact lenses. 20/40 is the legal requirement for being able to drive without correction.
- FDA data also shows that using the Bausch & Lomb 217 laser for LASIK surgery, 87.3% of patients can see 20/20 or better* without glasses or contact lenses.
Third party studies have also reached positive conclusions regarding visual results and patient satisfaction following laser eye surgery. A survey dated April 2010 by USAEyes, an independent, non-profit public health organization that certifies refractive surgeons based upon patient outcomes, found that:
- 99% report quality of life as expected, better, or much better
- 98% day vision as expected, better, or much better
- 98% no complications or issues are seldom problematic
- 98% would recommend surgery to family and friends
- 97% would have surgery again, knowing what they know now
- 96% wear corrective lenses as often as expected, less, or much less than expected
- 96% report post-op vision without lenses as expected, better, or much better than expected when compared to pre-op vision with lenses
- 96% report overall quality of vision as expected, better, or much better than expected
91% no complications at any time
- 91% night vision as expected, better, or much better
- 7% complications seldom problematic
- yet 91% of these same patients would have surgery again
- 2% complications frequent or always problematic
- yet 22% of these same patients would have surgery again
Our world-renowned and highly trained doctors and state-of-the-art technology allow LASIK MD surgeons to achieve outstanding clinical results and superior outcomes. Almost all of our patients with less than 8 diopters of myopia function without glasses or contact lenses after LASIK surgery, and those with severe myopia find their dependency on optical correction greatly reduced.
We constantly and rigorously monitor our patients' results with a sophisticated monitoring system. This process delivers a level of excellence unsurpassed in the industry, ensuring your best possible visual result after LASIK surgery.
Laser eye surgery is not only safe, it can also improve your day and night vision and most important, it can improve your life. Read more about LASIK MD outcomes.