What is Lens PresbyVision™?
Lens PresbyVision™ aims to treat progressive lens dysfunction (PLD) and restore a patient’s ability to see near, intermediate, and far distances, thereby reducing the need for reading glasses, bifocals, progressive lenses, or contact lenses. It is recommended to patients over 40 years of age who have symptoms of presbyopia and that don’t qualify for a laser eye surgery. Lens PresbyVision™ is a refractive lens exchange procedure in which the dysfunctional lens is removed and replaced with a synthetic trifocal intraocular lens.
About the trifocal lens
FineVision™ is a trifocal intraocular lens that features a series of rings which diffract light to provide far, intermediate and near vision, lending to the name FineVision™. This intraocular lens features a patented innovative trifocal structure designed to significantly improve performance for both near and intermediate vision.
The design of FineVision™ is different to progressive or bifocal glasses. You don’t have to worry about moving your head to see clearly or walking down the stairs, as the lens is implanted in the eye. Nine out of 10 patients who have had this lens implanted no longer need to wear glasses at all, including for everyday tasks such as driving, reading the car speedometer, or even using their smartphone. FineVision™ has been used in 43 countries around the world in over 75,000 patients since 2010.
The trifocal lens is sometimes combined with a laser treatment to achieve the best visual outcomes possible. Our eye care professionals will determine if a combined treatment is best-suited for the individual patient.
Discover more about the FineVision lens technologies by PhysIOL at: http://www.physiol.eu/en/multifocal-iol/finevision/
What are the steps of the Lens PresbyVision™ procedure?
Before the procedure, eye drops are administered to dilate pupils. This step may trigger light sensitivity and blurred vision. Following this, additional eye drops will be used to anesthetize the patient’s eyes.
The surgery itself consists of four easy steps:
What are the benefits of Lens PresbyVision™?
By undergoing Lens PresbyVision™, patients can expect an improvement to their near, intermediate, and distance vision, ultimately reducing their need for reading glasses, contact lenses and distance glasses.Lens PresbyVision™ is beneficial for patients:
- Who are over 40 years of age;
- Who wish to reduce their dependence on reading glasses, progressive lenses and bifocals;
- With a prescription of myopia, hyperopia and/or astigmatism;
- Who do not qualify for laser vision correction.
- It uses Health Canada-approved customized lenses in order to ensure optimal visual outcomes for each patient.
- It treats myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- Clinical studies have shown that a high percentage of patients who receive this type of procedure benefit from no longer requiring daily use of their reading glasses.
- It employs the use of trifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) to allow a natural and soft visual transition when looking at an object that is near to an object that is far, and vice-versa.
- Lens PresbyVision™ can be performed bilaterally, meaning both eyes can be corrected in the same surgery.
- The procedure takes less than 15 minutes per eye to complete, with only numbing drops needed for anesthesia.
- The recovery period is quick, meaning patients can resume most daily activities within 24 hours of the surgery.
If you are tired of reaching for your reading glasses, progressive lenses, or bifocal lenses, Lens PresbyVision™ may be the solution you’ve been looking for.
If you are interested to learn more about or to find out if you are a candidate for Lens PresbyVision™, book a free, no-obligation consultation today.