Dr. Stanley Chan
Over 10,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Stanley Chan received his medical degree from the University of Ottawa. He continued his education at the University of Alberta, where he specialized in ophthalmology. He went on to complete a cornea, uveitis, and anterior segment fellowship at the Université de Montreal.
For more than a decade, Dr. Chan has used his specialization in corneal diseases, uveitis and anterior segment surgery to establish himself as one of Alberta’s leading cataract surgeons. He has performed more than 10,000 intraocular refractive procedures all over the province, including in Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Cold Lake as well as in Whitehorse, Yukon Territories. He is also one of the highest volume cataract surgeons at Edmonton’s Royal Alexandra Hospital. In addition to refractive surgeries, Dr. Chan performs other types of ocular procedures, including corneal transplants and medical laser treatments.
Further to his work in hospitals and at LASIK MD, Dr. Chan is a Clinical Associate Professor in the University of Alberta’s ophthalmology department.
Dr. Chan’s passion for teaching has been recognized by the University of Alberta, as he was awarded the Ophthalmology Surgical Teaching Award on four separate occasions—in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2013.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Canadian Uveitis Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery