Dr. Robert Morgan
Over 12,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Robert Morgan completed his medical degree and specialization in ophthalmology at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Morgan practiced general ophthalmology in Northern Ontario for two years and returned to Ottawa in 1979 where he has since been practicing ophthalmology. He previously held the position of chief of ophthalmology at the Montfort Hospital in Ottawa. He also provided ophthalmology services in Northern Ontario for 20 years through the Underserviced Area program.
Dr. Morgan worked at the Focus Eye Center in Ottawa and was a medical director at Laser Eye Tech in Kanata and at Lasik Vision 2020 in Ottawa and Kingston. He has performed over 12,000 refractive procedures, including thousands of advanced custom wavefront procedures. Dr. Morgan became involved with laser vision correction in 1994, earning certifications first as a PRK and then LASIK specialist in 1996 and 1998, respectively. He has extensive experience using the VISX’s and Technolas laser systems.
In spring of 2001, Dr. Morgan was the recipient of a Consumer’s Choice Award for laser vision correction.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- American & Canadian Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery