Dr. Paul Sanghera
Over 10,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Phakic intraocular lens
Dr. Paul Sanghera obtained his bachelor’s and medical degrees from the University of Alberta, where he was on the dean’s list. He then completed his ophthalmology residency at the University of Toronto, where he would later go on to teach medical students and lecture at the Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences.
Upon completing his residency, Dr. Sanghera received surgical training with some of the world’s most renowned surgeons. Dr. Sanghera is one of the first surgeons in Canada to perform laser cataract surgery. Additionally, he has performed over 10,000 ocular procedures to date, and is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in cataract and refractive surgery. Dr. Sanghera is one of only a handful of surgeons in the province who has completed training for the keratoconus treatment Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) plus T-PRK.
In addition to his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Sanghera is on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital and the Kensington Eye Institute, both located in Toronto, Ontario. He also serves as the co-chairman of the International Ophthalmology Program at the University of Toronto.
His extensive ophthalmological research is highlighted by the multiple grants he’s received over the years, including a $10,000 grant from the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada. Dr. Sanghera’s work has also been cited in the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology.
In 2014, Dr. Sanghera co-created and co-chaired Canada's first laser cataract teaching symposium. He is the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the Opal Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Dr. A J Pauly Bursary in Medicine, in addition to being cited as the highest ranked applicant to enter the MD Program in 1997.
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Ontario Medical Association
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery