Dr. Kam Mohaseb
MD, MHSC, FRCSC
Over 12,000 ocular procedures performed
Dr. Kam Mohaseb completed his bachelor's degree with honors at the University of British Columbia, earning a spot on the dean's list. He then went on to obtain his medical degree and completed his residency as chief resident. In 2001, Dr. Mohaseb also completed a Master in Sciences Degree in Epidemiology at the University of British Columbia.
Upon finishing his residency, Dr. Mohaseb received surgical training with some of the most renowned surgeons in the world. He is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in cataract and refractive surgery.
In addition to his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Mohaseb has a private practice in North Vancouver and is on staff at the Lions Gate Hospital where he performs cataract surgery as well as the Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre. He also teaches surgical techniques to ophthalmology residents at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Mohaseb's extensive ophthalmological research is highlighted by the numerous awards and scholarships he has received over the years, including the British Columbia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons' prize in Ophthalmology and the John J. Mason Memorial Scholarship for high academic standing in medical studies. He has presented his research findings at numerous medical conferences including the Canadian Ophthalmological Society, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons and has been published in the American Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Canada
- Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- British Columbia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery