Dr. Eric Mazerolle
Over 15,000 ocular procedures
SpecialtiesLASIK surgeryPRK SurgeryLaser PresbyVisionLens PresbyVisionRefractive Lens Exchange (RLE)Corneal Cross-Linking (CXL)CXL + T-PRK
Dr. Eric Mazerolle completed his medical degree and specialization in ophthalmology at the University of Sherbrooke, where he served as chief resident. He also completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Montreal.
Dr. Mazerolle has extensive experience performing intraocular procedures, and gained his expertise working with renowned eye surgeons. He has several years of experience using the latest laser vision correction technology and is certified on multiple flap creation platforms and excimer lasers. He also specializes in CXL combined with a Topography-guided PRK treatment for keratoconus. In 2003, Dr. Mazerolle underwent LASIK surgery in both eyes at LASIK MD.
Dr. Mazerolle is the Clinical Medical Director at LASIK MD Sherbrooke. He is also an Assistant Professor in the department of Ophthalmology at the University of Sherbooke, where he teaches cataract and refractive surgery. He founded the Pediatric Ophthalmology clinic and the cataract and refractive surgery technical skills laboratory. He is a member of the Admission Committee.
Dr. Mazerolle was awarded the Best Glaucoma Research Proposal Award for 2006 by the Canadian Glaucoma Society and Merck Frosst Canada Ltd. He also published an article in a peer-reviewed journal and presented a scientific poster of his research project at the Canadian Ophthalmological Society’s annual meeting.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- Association médicale du Québec
- Canadian Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery