Dr. Dan Belliveau
Over 25,000 ocular procedures
Currently working inHalifax
Dr. Dan Belliveau received his undergraduate degree from the Université de Moncton. After graduating from medical school at the Université de Montréal, he did his residency at the Université de Sherbrooke, where he served as chief resident in ophthalmology.
With over 25,000 procedures performed and nearly 20 years working in the field of refractive surgery, Dr. Belliveau is regarded as one of the most experienced refractive surgeons in the Maritimes. He has extensive experience using the latest, state-of-the-art laser technologies on the market, including the Bausch & Lomb Z100, WaveLight Allegretto and VISX excimer lasers, as well as the IntraLase FS femtosecond laser. Dr. Belliveau is also a very skilled cataract surgeon.
Prior to working at LASIK MD, Dr. Belliveau performed refractive surgery in private clinics located in Halifax, NS and in Moncton, NB. He was also the owner of the Atlantic Laser Eye Institute in Saint John, NB.
Dr. Belliveau is the Assistant Professor of the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at Dalhousie University. His academic responsibilities include teaching surgical techniques and supervising residents in both cataract and refractive surgery, as well as teaching comprehensive ophthalmology clinics.
Dr. Belliveau has presented numerous seminars on LASIK, PRK and cataract surgery. Dr. Belliveau received the Surgical Teacher of the Year Award from the residents of the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences in 2011 and again in 2015. In 2014, the department residents bestowed him with the Clinical Teacher of the Year award.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Collège des médecins du QuébecAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- They remain up-to-date on latest laser vision technologies and techniques
- They teach surgeons-in-training at prominent universities
- They conduct ongoing research in the field of refractive surgery