- Over 10,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Paul Sanghera obtained his bachelor’s and medical degrees from the University of Alberta, where he was on the dean’s list. He then completed his ophthalmology residency at the University of Toronto, where he would later go on to teach medical students and lecture at the Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences.
Upon completing his residency, Dr. Sanghera received surgical training with some of the world’s most renowned surgeons. He was one of the first surgeons in Canada to perform laser cataract surgery and is one of only a handful of surgeons in the province who has completed training for the keratoconus treatment Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) plus T-PRK. He has performed over 10,000 ocular procedures to date, and is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in cataract and refractive surgery.
In addition to his work at LASIK MD, Dr. Sanghera is on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital and the Kensington Eye Institute, both located in Toronto, Ontario. He also serves as the co-chairman of the International Ophthalmology Program at the University of Toronto.
Accomplishments and Awards
In 2014, Dr. Sanghera co-created and co-chaired Canada's first laser cataract teaching symposium. He is the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the Opal Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Dr. AJ Pauly Bursary in Medicine, in addition to being cited as the highest ranked applicant to enter the MD Program in 1997.
His extensive ophthalmological research is highlighted by the multiple grants he’s received over the years, including a $10,000 grant from the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada. Dr. Sanghera’s work has also been cited in the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology.
Associations and Professional Memberships
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- Canadian Association of University Professors of Refractive Surgery
- Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Ontario Medical Association