- Over 15,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Paul Denton completed his Bachelor’s degree at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, graduating on the dean’s honour list. He completed his medical degree and residency at Queen’s University where he also served as Chief Resident in Ophthalmology. Upon graduation, he taught clinical and surgical ophthalmology at Queen’s. Dr. Denton completed his post-doctoral fellowship training in Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery at McGill University in Montreal, and also served as assistant clinical instructor at the American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting.
Dr. Denton is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) and a Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology. In addition, his work has been published in the Archives of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Clinics of North America and The Journal of Diabetes Complications.
In addition to his duties with LASIK MD, Dr. Denton also performs ophthalmic surgeries at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver. He is also a member of the CNIB Mobile Eye Care Unit in Northern Ontario.
He has performed 15,000 ocular procedures to date, and is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in cataract and refractive surgery.
Accomplishments and Awards
Dr. Denton has won numerous awards, including the Queen’s Ophthalmology Research Day Award in 2004, the Professor’s Prize in Ophthalmology in 2001 and the Barsky Prize in Ophthalmology in 2000.
Associations and Professional Memberships
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons
- British Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons