- Over 20,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Michel Giunta completed his medical degree at the University of Montreal, followed by a specialization in eye surgery also at the University of Montreal. Following his residency in ophthalmology, Dr. Giunta did a mini-fellowship in glaucoma at Montreal’s Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital, and a fellowship in vitreo-retina disease and surgery through Toronto’s Western Hospital and the University of Toronto.
Dr. Giunta has more than 15 years of experience in intraocular and refractive surgery and has performed thousands of ocular procedures. He has been a staff surgeon and retina specialist in the department of surgery, division of ophthalmology, at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke (CHUS) since 1994. Dr Giunta is also a professor of clinical training at CHUS, and served as director of ophthalmology.
In addition to his professional duties, Dr Giunta remains active in academia. He has lectured on the topics of intraocular injections and retinal emergencies, and conducted research on macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Associations and Professional Memberships
- Canadian, American and European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Canadian Association of University Professors of Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Canadian Glaucoma Society
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American and European Societies of Retinal Surgeons