- Over 10,000 ocular procedures
Dr. Michael Wandzura completed his Bachelor of Science in biology, medical degree, and post-graduate specialization in ophthalmology at the University of Saskatchewan, graduating from medical school with Distinction.
Doctor Wandzura has experience in both intraocular and refractive surgery, including lens exchange surgery and corneal-based excimer laser refractive surgery (LASIK and PRK). He completed a proctorship in refractive surgery, training with Drs. Mark Cohen and Avi Wallerstein, two of North America’s most experienced refractive surgeons. Doctor Wandzura also completed the LASIK MD certification program for refractive surgeons.
Accomplishments and Awards
Throughout his undergraduate and medical school studies, Doctor Wandzura has received numerous academic awards and scholarships. During his ophthalmology residency, Doctor Wandzura presented his research at several prestigious international meetings, including the Association of Researchers in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), and the Canadian Ophthalmologic Society (COS) annual meeting.
Associations and Professional Memberships
- Canadian Ophthalmologic Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan