- Over 20,000 ocular procedures
A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), Dr. Roy received her medical degree in 2000 from the University of Sherbrooke, where she also completed her residency as chief resident.
Dr. Roy received post-graduate, fellowship-level training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD in Montreal with Drs. Mark Cohen, Avi Wallerstein and Pierre Demers. She is now based out of LASIK MD’s St. John’s, Halifax and Moncton clinics. She currently performs well over 200 procedures per month and, to date, she has completed over 20,000 ocular procedures. Dr. Roy is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in refractive surgery.
Dr. Roy was awarded with the "Prix d'Excellence -- Résidents et Communauté Étudiante," for her outstanding performance in medical school. She has assisted in research and numerous ophthalmological lectures and presentations over the years.
Associations and Professional Memberships
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fédération des Médecins Spécialistes
- Quebec College of Physicians and Surgeons
- New Brunswick College of Physicians and Surgeons