Are you travelling to LASIK MD? If so, we have created this section especially for you! On this page you will find directions, maps, and special instructions to get to your LASIK MD clinic.
LASIK MD Halifax is located at 1801 Hollis Street, Suite 400.
From Halifax International Airport
- Leave the airport terminal parking follow Halifax Inbound exit to HWY #102 South Inbound.
- Exit #14, HWY #118 Darmouth, Halifax via Bridges.
- Exit #14, HWY #111 Halifax via Bridges.
- Mackay toll bridge.
- Across bridge remain straight following BARRINGTON STREET, Downtown.
- Continuing on Barrington Street, use left lane to Hollis Street, exit into Downtown Halifax.
- 1801 Hollis Street is the first high rise on your left.
- Approximate driving time: 39 minutes
From New Brunswick
- Take Trans-Canada HWY #104 Eastbound.
- Exit #15 to HWY #102 South Inbound.
- Follow directions above from Halifax Airport.
- Approximate driving time from Truro: 1 hour
From West (Yarmouth, Liverpool, Bridgewater)
- Take HWY #103 East.
- Exit #1A onto HWY #102.
- Remaining on #102 Straight will become Bayers Road.
- Continue straight (3 intersections and a four way stop).
- Turn left on Young Street.
- Continue on Young Street to the end, until you reach Barrington Street.
- Turn left onto Barrington Street.
- Follow directions above from Barrington Street.
- End at 1801 Hollis St.
- Approximate driving time from Yarmouth: 3.5 hours
If you require any further assistance, please contact us toll free at 1-866-961-2020.
To access the building past 6pm and on weekends there will be someone available to open the door and let you up the elevator to the 4th floor. You can only gain access to the building from the main door at these times.
There are currently no accessibility issues. However, if handicap parking is required, please contact the clinic directly and we can arrange for a special parking spot in the buildings parking garage.
The Halifax clinic is located in what they call a "secure" building. The elevators lock down at 6pm every night except for Wednesday with the last appointment scheduled for 6:00pm. We have a staff member go downstairs to escort patients up the elevator after 6:00pm, but as soon as the last patient that is in the scheduler has arrived we no longer keep someone down at the door. In the rare cases where a family member of a patient or a patient needs to come into the clinic on Wednesday nights between 6:30pm – 8:30pm we need either an exact arrival time to meet them down there, or if possible the patient can call us directly when they arrive and we can go down.